Famous lion hunting and breeding raising throughout South Africa have been believed to fuel the notorious industry and have had a flaw in the brand SA's safari and wildlife appeal for years.
However, the most recent developments at the National Assembly meeting in charge of dealing with this issue are the end of the industry as a whole.
report "Breeding breeding for hunting in South Africa: confusion or promotion of national conservation image"Congressional Portfolio Committee on Environmental Issues called for ban on lion breeding.
The Commission would like to thank the breeding farms throughout the country and amend the legislation that legally permits practices as well as exports of lion bones.
Colloquium was attended by blood lions along with many conservation groups and scientists around the world.
The report found that "there is no preservation value" in raising lions, and instead "undermined the value of South Africa's tourism brand." The study added that "South Africa was not a successful lion reintroduction program with a lion that grew up in captivity."
It calls for an inventory of doubling the lion bone expert quota at 800 in 2018 from 2017 to 800, which is called "very interested" for hunting SA breeding industry for hunting.
"Breeding lions for hunting is now legitimate, but this is especially true if the way hunting animals are raised is not ethically, morally or socially accepted, and in this case, Especially in the face of negative global publicity, "the report says.
"Using lion bones, body parts and derivatives in commercial trade, including those not scientifically proven, is one of the major threats to wild lions in addition to habitat loss, food chain reduction and human wildlife conflicts. And other big cat parts. "
Blood Lions issued a statement following a groundbreaking declaration recognizing the honorable Mohlopi Philemon Mapulane and Environmental Portfolio Committee members for the results of this comprehensive 24-page report and the resolution.
"There is no doubt that the captive industry has received widespread international criticism and has had a detrimental effect on the conservation and reputation of South Africa, which is an important day for Blood Lions and all those who are fighting it. Breeding industry. "
Blood Lions helped raise awareness of this issue through documentary films and global campaigns to end all exploitative predator practices that began in 2015.
It is hosted special Facebook live segment At noon on November 15, 2018 Summary of the following key proposals presented in the report of the Portfolio Committee on Environmental Affairs:Click here to sign up..
1) The EPA urgently needs to initiate a policy and legislative review on captive breeding for hunting and lion bone trade and endeavors to end this practice.
2) The Environmental Agency, which conducts audits of breeding facilities throughout the country, including breeding facilities that provide private lions and cheetahs and / or pedestrian activities.
3) Environment Agency and Department of Agriculture The Forestry and Fisheries Department wants to present a clear program on how to address animal welfare and health issues raised in Colorado.
4) The agreement between the Kruger National Park and the APNR, concluded in 1996, should be amended to ensure that the fence collapses on the western border of the Kruger National Park, resulting in a profit sharing.
5) The Department of Environmental Affairs claimed that the lion bone trade quota should be increased from 800 to 500 dead bodies earlier this year, as it was based on the Interim Report of the Scientific Authority and was published in Colorado. .