The 18-year-old Bahiense, who was on vacation in El Bolson and Bariloche, was already admitted to an Italian hospital with symptoms that are compatible with the Hanta virus. The disease has already killed 14 people.
This was confirmed by sources at the medical center, and experts have already sent the analysis to the Malbrán Institute in Buenos Aires to identify or exclude cases.
According to the sources, she said she had headaches, muscle aches, abdominal and vomiting. And will be observed until results are obtained within 48 hours.
Infectologist Carla Boschetti told Telefe Bahia that his family was in a state of isolation. "They hope that they do not get in touch with the rest of the population waiting to confirm or refute their diagnosis at home," he explained.
today new Although there is no animal that infects hantaviruses in our city, it has been shown that many bahian men have increased preventive measures against rodents.
One) Inhalation: It is the most frequent cause. It is produced by breathing viruses that are released from open faeces and closed places (warehouses, orchards, pastures) from the feces of infected rodents or urine.
2) How to contact us directly: Touching infected rodents (live or dead) or touching stools or urine.
3) By the bite: When bitten by an infected rodent.
4) Contact with person: On the first day of symptoms, close contact with the infected person
Infected people have fever, muscle aches, chills, headaches, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea. In general, nasal obstruction or cold is not visible.
Breathing problems known as "Hantavirus Cardiopulmonary Syndrome" may also occur. If the person is not treated on time, complications or even death can occur.
How to prevent it
Avoid coexistence with rodents and contact with secretions.
Do not allow rodents to enter the house or make nests.
– If you are doing trekking activities, wear closed shoes and only cycle through authorized routes.
– Close holes in doors, walls and pipes.
– Clean with 9 bottles of water (rinse after leaving for 30 minutes) (floor, wall, door, table, drawer and cupboard). Wipe the floor to prevent dust accumulation.
– If you live in a rural area, place a vegetable garden, keep firewood at least 30m away, and cut grass and weeds to a radius of 30m.
– Ventilate for at least 30 minutes before entering a closed area (house, warehouse) and cover your mouth and nose with a N95 jaw before entering your mouth.
– If dead rodents are found: Spray bleach on all contacts and wait at least 30 minutes. Then use gloves to pick up and bury for at least 30 cm or burn.
– If a live rodent is found: Use the poison to put rodents or traps (do not touch or hit them). Check with the municipality to see if pest control services are available. (La Nueva and Telepaia)