Natural means of lowering blood pressure
Hypertension often occurs when adverse lifestyle factors such as obesity, excessive salt intake, lack of exercise, too much alcohol, smoking and stress are present together. So far, between 20 and 30 million adults in Germany are already suffering. Many people use antihypertensive drugs to lower blood pressure. However, there are natural measures that can be used to control hypertension. Exercise and stress management are the most effective.
Professor Medical School. Martin Halle is on the Medical Advisory Board of the German Heart Foundation and Medical Director of the Technical University of Munich Prevention Center. He recommends a way to lower your blood pressure naturally. According to experts, one of the best ways is stress management and regular exercise.
Blood pressure drop due to exercise
In particular, endurance sports are suitable for combating hypertension. "Cycling, active walking, hiking, Nordic walking and jogging are among the best durable sports involved," says Professor Lee. Ball sports such as tennis are also suitable unless they are created under competitive conditions. In addition, light strength training that supports endurance training is desirable.
If your blood pressure is too high, you should first seek medication.
I advise my doctor that people who are not already in sports but already have high blood pressure should get medication before training begins. hall. This prevents your blood pressure from being stressed and continuously shot. Much more important than the sport of your choice is all regularity. "Walking for 10 minutes every day can greatly reduce the risk of heart disease," experts explain. It should not be ambitious enough to avoid dangerous overloads.
Incidentally, lower the risk of dementia.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recently issued a policy to reduce the risk of dementia and Alzheimer's disease. It refers to durable sport as an effective means of preventing and delaying mental degeneration. Read the article for more information: These four measures can help prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
They should pay attention to sports against high blood pressure.
You should have your cardiologist examined before starting your training. Patients with incidental illnesses such as diabetes or coronary heart disease (CHD) should be cautious. According to the German Heart Foundation, the following aspects must be considered:
- Your blood pressure needs to be well controlled before you begin training.
- If the value is greater than 160/95 mmHg, the sport should not start.
- Training is stressful so you should be able to have fun while talking.
- Endurance training should be supplemented by appropriate strength training under professional guidance.
- For people who do not like or do not like jogging or cycling, fast walking through arm deployment is an alternative, as in Nordic Walking (Nordic Walking).
Stress damages the heart.
In addition to exercise, coping with stress is another important factor in lowering blood pressure. Recent studies at the University of Munich show how stress levels affect blood pressure and the risk of premature cardiac death. Especially dangerous is that work-related stress and lack of sleep triple the risk of death from cardiovascular disease. Professor Medical School. Martin Halle recommends that you keep the following in mind:
- You should maintain healthy tension and relaxation.
- In addition to exercise, the targeted relaxation method is suitable for reducing stress.
- Stimulating activities such as hiking, cooking with friends or visiting the theater can reduce stress.
- On the couch, more active relaxation than evening is more effective.
- Those who are constantly dissatisfied should change jobs if possible, for example to find new jobs.
- Career goals should be chosen appropriately so as not to deteriorate with harmful permanent stress.