Tuesday , December 1 2020

AHS warning in case of hepatitis A in Nanton



Alberta Health Services has identified cases of hepatitis A in Nanton, an individual who is involved in food handling in an infected condition.

The AHS has either had a meal at the Auditorium Hotel restaurant on Friday, January 11 and on Friday, January 18, or J.T. On Thursday, January 17, Foster School called Health Link (811) to assess exposure and risk.

This individual will be provided with information about immunization clinics if needed.

Hepatitis A vaccination can be provided within 14 days of exposure and often can prevent the onset of the disease.

According to the AHS, there is no continuous infection risk associated with restaurant cleaning and inspection and surgical safety approvals.

To those who ate J.T. According to consigned AHS, the individual is directly contacted by AHS Public Health through the school, and a vaccination clinic is in preparation.

It is recommended that people who believe that they are exposed to the hepatitis A symptoms by Friday, March 8 at least, as they may develop from 15 to 50 days after exposure.

Alberta Health Services has released a release on this issue.

Symptoms of hepatitis A include: fatigue; Poor appetite; Nausea and vomiting; Abdominal pain and fever; Dark urine, brightly colored stools, and yellowing of the eyes and skin after a few days. Some people, especially young children, can get hepatitis A without any symptoms. But they are still contagious to others.

"Hepatitis A is a serious infection while we believe there is a risk to the public," says Jia Hu, medical director of the AHS Calgary Zone. "On January 11 and 18, eat at the hotel in the auditorium or on January 17, J.T. Foster School is advised to monitor himself and his family for symptoms during the 50 days after the last exposure."

Hepatitis A is a virus caused by hepatitis. People who spread through the fecal oral route often come in direct contact with the infected person and become infected with hepatitis A. However, an individual can get sick indirectly by ingesting contaminated food or water.

If an infected person does not wash their hands properly after using the washroom, it can be spread through food and beverages prepared by an infected individual.

From March 8, 2019, individuals who develop symptoms to date are immediately notified to 811 to make health-related contact.

News tips, story ideas and feedback [email protected]


Source link