By: NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
in Follow up to Miami Florida health officials added that an autonomous dengue epidemic occurred in Florida this year.
This is the fourth case of the year, along with the other three reported in the third and July (2). Health officials said the four regional cases do not seem to be relevant.
ACLS Guide to Dengue
Dengue fever is a mosquito bite virus Death Eye Kitty Mosquitoes that also spread chikungunya and Zika virus. Most people with dengue fever are mild or have no symptoms. Symptoms will recover after about a week.
Common symptoms of dengue fever are fever and one or more of the following symptoms: headache; Eye pain (usually behind the eye); Muscle, joint or bone pain; rash; Nausea and vomiting; Or abnormal bleeding (nose or gum bleeding, small red spots under the skin or abnormal bruises). Severe dengue fever can develop, causing shock, internal bleeding and death. If you or your family suffer from the symptoms mentioned, visit your health care provider or local clinic.
Florida has reported 154 travel-related cases (87 in Miami-Dade) in 2019, in addition to four regional cases in Miami-Dade.
DOH- Miami Day continues to encourage you to remain diligent in your personal mosquito protection efforts by remembering: “Drain and cover."
Drainage Stop water to prevent mosquitoes from breeding.
- Drainage Water in trash can, house gutter, bucket, pool cover, cooler, toy, potted plant or other container with sprinkler or rainwater collection.
- Give up Old tires, drums, bottles, cans, pots and pans, broken instruments and other unused items.
- Emptying and cleaning Bird bath and pet water bowl at least once or twice a week
- protect Ships and vehicles that are raining with a tarp that doesn't accumulate water.
- maintain Pool in good condition and properly chlorinated. Empty the plastic pool when not in use.
Naegleria fowleri case report in Texas
cover Skin with clothes or insect repellent.
- clothing – Wear shoes, socks, long pants and long sleeves. This type of protection may be necessary for those who have to work in areas with mosquitoes.
- loath – Apply mosquito repellent on bare skin and clothing.
- Always use repellent according to the label. Repellents containing DEET, picaridine, lemon eucalyptus oil, para-mentan-diol and IR3535 are effective.
- Use a mosquito net to protect children under 2 months.
cover Doors and windows with screens to prevent mosquitoes in the house.
- Repair broken screens in windows, doors, porches and courtyards.